This 90-minute webinar reviews the fundamentals of Best Case by Stretto, walking you through a client file from start to finish. This is perfect for new users or those needing a refresher. Topics include:
- Forms Preparation
- Client and Case Management
- Electronic filing using the ECF Wizard and OneTouch®
- Post-Petition Activities
Please join us for a tour of ancillary products and services available through the Best Case by Stretto desktop platform to streamline your case management and petition preparation workflows.
- MyCaseInfo (online questionnaire)
- Credit Reports
- Bankruptcy Courses
- Legal Noticing
- Court Notices & Calendar
How are you planning to move your firm forward in the new year? Are you aware of the sizable changes to American bankruptcy code supported by incoming political leadership? While many of the challenges of 2020 remain, there is opportunity for growth. As the leader in bankruptcy management software, Stretto can provide you with the most relevant information concerning policy change, alternative revenue recommendations, and give you resources your firm needs to grow in 2021. In January and February, Stretto is hosting a variety of webinars designed to help your firm begin the new year. You can learn more about each webinar and find the registration links below.
There are no live Thought Leadership webinars scheduled at this time. Check back later to see our upcoming sessions.
Access past recordings in our Thought Leadership webinar archive
Sign up for the next Best Case Best Practices, a series of webinars that features revolving monthly topics, providing you with the opportunity to learn about new features and more from a Best Case expert while engaging in an open forum to get your questions answered and interact with other users.
6/6 | Master the Means Test
Effective May 15th, 2023: The IRS National Standards for Bankruptcy Allowable Living Expenses (BALE), Local Transportation Expense Standards, and the Chapter 13 Administrative Expense Multipliers have been revised. Discover how Best Case simplifies the Means Test with built-in calculators and tools to streamline data entry.
Learn how to:
• Automate the calculation of CMI/DMI to determine presumption of abuse
• Utilize the paycheck calculator to populate income on Form 122 and Schedule I
• Complete the twelve means test tabs if a debtor’s income is above the median
Recorded August 22, 2019
Basics of Best Case
Learn the fundamentals of Best Case as an expert walks through the stages of a client file from start to finish. This course is perfect for new users or those needing a refresher.
- Completing the schedules
- Saving time with Credit Report Manager and CaseAssist
- Electronic filing using the ECF Wizard and OneTouch
- Using BestScan
- Applying the means test provisions with the Best Case Means Test Calculator
Recorded May 27, 2021
Invoices & Payments
Maximize efficiency with an integrated time management, billing and payment solution.
Learn how to:
• Run one-time payments and set up recurring payment plans
• Remind clients of upcoming payments with automated email and text messages
• Monitor and report on completed, failed, and outstanding payments
• Enroll with your operating account to remain IOLTA compliant
Recorded September 22, 2021
How to Build a Student Loan Management Offering
Student loan debt continues to make national headlines with a reform bill under consideration. However, there are student loan repayment solutions available to consumers now. This session will provide an overview of the nine federally-approved student loan programs and qualification factors.
Learn why leading bankruptcy firms are implementing student loan management service offerings and how to identify clients with an immediate need. The session will explain the difference between legal service delivery for clients inside an active bankruptcy and those who may not require filing.
• Understand federal student loan programs available to consumers
• View a demonstration of generating a qualification report and completing an application
• Leverage a recommended fee schedule and marketing materials
Download webinar materials:
– Presentation PDF
– Marketing resources and campaign template
Access DMM resources:
– Create a DMM account
Recorded April 6, 2022
Means Test Calculations
Revised means test numbers are effective April 1, 2022. Discover how Best Case simplifies the Means Test with built-in calculators and tools to streamline data entry.
Learn how to:
- Automate the calculation of CMI/DMI to determine presumption of abuse
- Utilize the paycheck calculator to populate income on Form 122 and Schedule I
- Complete the twelve means test tabs if a debtor’s income is above the median
View upcoming and declined payments for a specified date range. Compare total payments for the last 12 months. Generate reports based on payment status. Reprocess failed payments.
Recorded November 19, 2020
Historically bankruptcy attorneys have shied away from accepting debit or credit card payments due to the risks and ethical concerns.
As the leader in bankruptcy and fiduciary technology, Best Case by Stretto has created a payment solution specifically for bankruptcy law firms. With built-in safeguards that reduce risk, ensure IOLTA compliance, and increase payment security, lawyers can process debit or credit cards confidently.
• Hear an overview of related ethical concerns and recommendations under the ABA’s Model Rules and recent opinions
• Receive an update on electronic payment trends and the recent rise in check fraud
• Understand the process and timelines for running an electronic transaction
• Learn how law firms are leveraging payment plans to retain more clients and increase satisfaction