Please join us for a tour of ancillary products and services available through the Best Case by Stretto desktop platform to streamline your case management and petition preparation workflows.
- MyCaseInfo (online questionnaire)
- Credit Reports
- Bankruptcy Courses
- Legal Noticing
- Court Notices & Calendar
Sign up for the next Best Case Best Practices, a series of webinars that features revolving monthly topics, providing you with the opportunity to learn about new features and more from a Best Case expert while engaging in an open forum to get your questions answered and interact with other users.
9/12 | Optimize Your Case Preparation Workflow
Explore essential tips and techniques to streamline case preparation and enhance your petition drafting workflow.
• Learn keyboard shortcuts to simplify navigation
• Create case templates to reduce redundant data entry
• Leverage credit reports to expedite data collection
• Fulfill mandatory course requirements through integrated courses
Important note: This method requires doing a reinstall over your current installation; however, your client data will not be affected.
- Click here to access the download file
- Download and run the BCSETUP.EXE
- Click Next on the installation screen.
- Be sure the Destination Folder you install to is the same as the location of your existing Best Case install. For example, if you are running Best Case over a network, it may be Z:\BestCase or \\servername\BestCase. If the destination differs, select Change to browse to the existing install folder.
- Click Next.
- Deselect Start Menu and Quicklaunch Toolbar, then Click Next.
- Verify again that the destination is correct, then click Install.
Once you’ve reinstalled the software, you can verify the update has taken place by opening the application and selecting the Check for Update option. If successful, the message will indicate that you have the latest version.
*If your client list is blank upon opening the application, this indicates you’ve installed a new copy of Best Case. To resolve this, follow the steps again and ensure that the destination folder is correctly pointing to the correct Best Case directory.
Recorded March 24, 2021
Tech Talk – Learn answers to frequently asked technical support questions:
- How do I update? How often should I update?
- Update failed; what do I do now?
- I can’t update even though all users are out of Best Case, what do I do?
- I updated and can’t see my clients, now what?
- How do I backup my clients?
- How do I move a BC install to a new computer?
- Can I use Best Case with Dropbox?
- How do I email a client file? / How do I restore a client that was emailed?
- How do I copy a client?
- Is there a way to email a proof of my petition to my clients?
- Do you have a client questionnaire I can print out and had to my clients?
- Where do I enter EIN info?
- Is there a way to link multiple properties to a creditor?
- How do I get addresses to appear on certificate of service?
- Is there a way to manually edit a form?
- Does BC have spell check?
- How do I attach multiple income and expense worksheets to Sch I or J?
- Why isn’t my Schedule I data appearing in Form 122 and vice versa?
- I can’t edit any income data in the Means Test, why not?
- Form 122 told me I was $XX over abuse. I put in an amount greater than $xx and I’m still over abuse.
- Only half of my means test is completed. Why?
- How do I calculate the 13 plan?
- I calculated the 13 plan and the monthly payment is really high. Why?
- How do I change the trustee’s percentage on the 13 plan?
- What classification should I select on the 13 plan?
Best Case Bankruptcy 27 is packed with updated features to streamline Proofs of Claim, enhance case management, pre-populate information and more.
Recorded March 15, 2017
Explore Version 26 and learn how to track client documents with a checklist, manage client fees and payments, and keep a record of client communication and activities.
Explore how to update Best Case to access the latest feature enhancements and ensure you stay compliant with federal and local district requirements.