Recorded June 8, 2023
Means Test Calculations
Effective May 15th, 2023: The IRS National Standards for Bankruptcy Allowable Living Expenses (BALE), Local Transportation Expense Standards, and the Chapter 13 Administrative Expense Multipliers have been revised. Discover how Best Case simplifies the Means Test with built-in calculators and tools to streamline data entry.
- Automate the calculation of CMI/DMI to determine presumption of abuse
- Utilize the paycheck calculator to populate income on Form 122 and Schedule I
- Complete the twelve means test tabs if a debtor’s income is above the median
Recorded March 24, 2021
Tech Talk – Learn answers to frequently asked technical support questions:
- How do I update? How often should I update?
- Update failed; what do I do now?
- I can’t update even though all users are out of Best Case, what do I do?
- I updated and can’t see my clients, now what?
- How do I backup my clients?
- How do I move a BC install to a new computer?
- Can I use Best Case with Dropbox?
- How do I email a client file? / How do I restore a client that was emailed?
- How do I copy a client?
- Is there a way to email a proof of my petition to my clients?
- Do you have a client questionnaire I can print out and had to my clients?
- Where do I enter EIN info?
- Is there a way to link multiple properties to a creditor?
- How do I get addresses to appear on certificate of service?
- Is there a way to manually edit a form?
- Does BC have spell check?
- How do I attach multiple income and expense worksheets to Sch I or J?
- Why isn’t my Schedule I data appearing in Form 122 and vice versa?
- I can’t edit any income data in the Means Test, why not?
- Form 122 told me I was $XX over abuse. I put in an amount greater than $xx and I’m still over abuse.
- Only half of my means test is completed. Why?
- How do I calculate the 13 plan?
- I calculated the 13 plan and the monthly payment is really high. Why?
- How do I change the trustee’s percentage on the 13 plan?
- What classification should I select on the 13 plan?
View upcoming and declined payments for a specified date range. Compare total payments for the last 12 months. Generate reports based on payment status. Reprocess failed payments.
Recorded October 23, 2019
Let Us Do the Math – Form 122 and Schedule I Income Calculations
Learn how to:
- Use the Paycheck Calculator and Fast-Entry Paycheck Template to determine income
- Calculate Form 122 data using year-to-date income
- Perform a median income comparison without creating a client file using the online calculator
Recorded September 21, 2016
What’s Trending: Explore the Paycheck Calculator, a new tool to expedite paycheck entry.
Quick Tips: See how to create a fast-entry paycheck template.
Learn how to save data-entry time and keep an accurate account of paycheck income and deductions using the Paycheck Calculator.
Speed up paycheck data-entry by creating templates with a custom set of deductions.meanstestguide