Create a payment plan to process set payments on a set interval or customize a plan to process specified amounts on specific dates.
Manually track time for a case and utilize the Case Effort Calculator to determine if you’re undercharging or overcharging. Identify fee opportunities and create fees based on time entries.
Initiate full or partial refunds for processed payments in Invoices & Payments.
Using Invoices & Payments, log payments received from the trustee through the Chapter 13 plan.
See a brief overview of the most recent consumer-buying behavior trends and the processes law firms have created to increase client conversion and total fees collected.
Recorded November 19, 2020
Historically bankruptcy attorneys have shied away from accepting debit or credit card payments due to the risks and ethical concerns.
As the leader in bankruptcy and fiduciary technology, Best Case by Stretto has created a payment solution specifically for bankruptcy law firms. With built-in safeguards that reduce risk, ensure IOLTA compliance, and increase payment security, lawyers can process debit or credit cards confidently.
• Hear an overview of related ethical concerns and recommendations under the ABA’s Model Rules and recent opinions
• Receive an update on electronic payment trends and the recent rise in check fraud
• Understand the process and timelines for running an electronic transaction
• Learn how law firms are leveraging payment plans to retain more clients and increase satisfaction
Recorded January 26, 2021
Aging accounts receivable can be the silent killer of a solo practitioner or small law firm. Days turn into weeks and eventually months later accounts are still overdue. All the while, the likelihood that you will be paid for services rendered gets smaller and smaller.
Join Chelsey Lambert, Stretto’s Managing Director and recognized industry expert, as she delivers “Beating the Collection Odds”. This informative session provides guidance on how to approach the conversation with your clients and offer flexible payment options without feeling like a collections agent. Program participants will also receive sample scripts and letters that can be utilized by nearly any law firm.
• Learn client intake and consultation strategies to increase the likelihood of payment.
• Review a template AR policy, collections email, letter, and call script.
• Watch a real-time payment plan setup tutorial.
Recorded May 27, 2021
Invoices & Payments
Maximize efficiency with an integrated time management, billing and payment solution.
Learn how to:
• Run one-time payments and set up recurring payment plans
• Remind clients of upcoming payments with automated email and text messages
• Monitor and report on completed, failed, and outstanding payments
• Enroll with your operating account to remain IOLTA compliant
Manage billing, process payments and track time with the integrated Invoices & Payments tool.
This useful feature allows law firms to:
• Accept one-time and recurring debit, credit and ACH payments
• Notify clients of upcoming, processed and declined payments with automated email and text messages
• Predict fees more accurately with a flat 2.95% fee applied to all transactions
• Establish hourly rates, track time spent on a case and bill for that time
Learn how to enroll an operating or trust account and set up your Best Case install with your new credentials.